Making development ambitions happen
The purpose of our Planning team is to create economic, social, and environmental value for our clients and the communities in which we work by delivering optimum planning permissions first time and on time.
Our approach is results driven and commercial, incorporating a blend of professional expertise, local intelligence, great working relationships with planning authorities, and increasing use of data.Connect with my local town planning advisor
We are powered by the expertise of our 120+ highly motivated and highly capable Planners based out of offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Cardiff.
The expertise of our Planners is focussed on the preparation/negotiation of planning applications, alongside undertaking planning appraisals; providing planning strategy advice; promoting sites through the development plan system; and acting as expert witness.
We also provide the following specialist planning services:
- Retail Planning – Advice on retail and town centre planning, including preparation of supporting information for planning applications (impact and sequential policy tests);
- Environmental Planning – Advice on all aspects of environmental planning including Environmental Impact Assessment (including Screening, Scoping and coordination of Environmental Statements).
- Planning Policy – Advice to inform local plan preparation covering land use policy matters (retail, employment, and housing) and spatial policies including the preparation of masterplans and SPDs.
We combined this with Avison Young’s broader development consultancy capabilities which we draw upon to provide our clients with seamless joined-up advice necessary to deliver development. This forms part of Avison Young’s broader real estate transactional, management and consultancy service which is tailored to support occupiers and owners/investors across all stages of the property lifecycle throughout the UK and onto a global platform.
We are active throughout the UK, working across the residential, industrial, logistics, hotel, retail, office, education, and institutional sectors.
We are proud of our track record of success in delivering planning permissions for our clients, which range from complex city-centre schemes to strategic greenfield development.
See links below for examples of some of our current/recent projects.
- Economic and Property Market Review
- South East Offices Snapshot - Q1 2021
- Central London Office Analysis
- Housing Market Summary - Q1 2021
- The Big Nine
- Big box review 2020
- South East Offices Snapshot - Q4 2020
- 2021 Forecast: Focus on UK Cities
- Fit for Future
- Productivity, the workplace and Covid-19
- 2021 National Outlook for the UK
- Green light for investment