Placemaking, experts in delivering Arts and Culture projects.
The Arts & Culture sector is massively engaged currently in improving the quality of the visitor experience, with focus on income and commercial sustainability through developing better buildings. The knowledge and experience of the culture specialists in AY supports, enables and drives the delivery of exciting and successful public art buildings, whether in heritage properties or new developments.
National Government recognises the immense role that arts and culture plays in regeneration and local growth, local government also talks of culture-led regeneration achieving inclusive and sustainable local growth. The successes of the Everyman Theatre and the Bristol Old Vic are a testament to how AY help culture clients improve facilities help to improve their commercial position and encourage local growth. We understand that the buildings are often a large part of the visitor experience and central to the lasting success of the business.
The crucial expertise we provide spans planning, funding, real estate development, procurement, and the project management & contract administration of the construction or refurbishment projects. Our range of services are provided to a diverse group of culture clients, through our sector specialists working closely in tandem with our service experts.
Our team of project managers, working exclusively in the culture sector, have led the delivery of better arts buildings.
- Grant funded performing arts companies such as
- RIBA Stirling prize winning new build of Liverpool Everyman;
- LSO / C4M feasibility study;
- Refurbishment of historic York Theatre Royal and;
- most recently RICS Project of the Year 2019 (South West) grade 1 listed Bristol Old Vic Theatre.
- Commercial theatre operators such as
- Dramatic extensions to London’s grade II listed Shaftesbury Theatre;
- LW Theatres on the £35m refurbishment of London’s most important theatre the Georgian grade 1 listed Drury Lane Theatre.
- Commercial real estate developers such as
- Derwent London whose Soho Place project includes the first new West End theatre for 40 years to be operated by Nimax Theatres.
- Local authority projects
- A new 1200 seat theatre in Tunbridge Wells.
- National Museums such as
- V&A where we have delivered building fabric and public offer projects;
- Science Museum refurbishing the Imax cinema;
- Imperial War Museum archive masterplanning.
- Independent arts trusts
- ‘the Box Office’ office building and museum for the Belvedere Trust.
- Commercial leisure venue operators such as
- Odeon Cinemas completing the fit out and refurbishment of multiple sites including Dublin and their Leicester Square flagship;
- Cineworld since 2005 providing facilities management to 65 Cineworld cinemas across the UK.