Experts in delivering Arts and Culture projects.
The Arts and Culture sector continues to thrive in UK with AY playing a central role in the success of visual and performing arts venues. The quality and variety of visitor experiences continues to develop with project specific focuses on placemaking, commercial sustainability, heritage conservation and community access and engagement.
We understand that every Arts and Culture building is unique, the knowledge and experience held in the AY’s Arts and Culture team supports, enables and drives the delivery of exciting and successful public art projects, whether on heritage buildings or new developments.
It is widely recognised that arts and culture plays a significant role in regeneration and growth; local government also talks of culture-led regeneration achieving inclusive and sustainable local and regional growth. The successes of the Everyman Theatre and the Bristol Old Vic Theatre are a testament to how AY help clients in the sector to develop their built assets and in doing so improves their commercial position and encourages growth in the local area. We understand that a well-designed building plays a hugely important role in visitor experiences and is central to the lasting success of the business.
The expertise we provide spans planning, scoping and briefing, funding, real estate development, procurement, project management and contract administration of the construction or refurbishment projects. Our range of services is provided to a diverse group of arts and culture clients, through our sector specialists working closely with our specialist advisors and consultants.
Our team of project managers, working exclusively in the culture sector, have led the delivery of better arts buildings.
- Grant funded performing arts companies such as
- RIBA Stirling prize winning new build of Liverpool Everyman Theatre;
- London Symphony Orchestra and Centre for Music feasibility study;
- Refurbishment of historic York Theatre Royal and;
- most recently RICS Project of the Year 2019 (South West) grade 1 listed Bristol Old Vic Theatre.
- Commercial theatre operators such as
- Dramatic extensions to London’s grade II listed Shaftesbury Theatre;
- LW Theatres on the £45m refurbishment of London’s most important theatre the Georgian grade 1 listed Theatre Royal Drury Lane.
- Commercial real estate developers such as
- Derwent London whose Soho Place project includes the first new West End theatre for 40 years to be operated by Nimax Theatres.
- Local authority projects
- A new 1200 seat theatre in Tunbridge Wells.
- National Museums such as
- V&A where we have delivered building fabric and public offer projects;
- Science Museum refurbishing the Imax cinema;
- Imperial War Museum archive masterplanning.
- Independent arts trusts
- ‘the Box Office’ office building and museum for the Belvedere Trust.
- Commercial leisure venue operators such as
- Odeon Cinemas completing the fit out and refurbishment of multiple sites including Dublin and their Leicester Square flagship;
- Cineworld since 2005 providing facilities management to 65 Cineworld cinemas across the UK.